Types of trademarks:
- Goods and service marks, collective marks and series marks.
- Single class registration system
- No provisions for defensive marks.
Documents required for trademark registration
- Power of Attorney incorporating a Portuguese translation, notarized and legalized up to Angolan Embassy
- Prints of the mark
- Priority document (if applicable), with verified Portuguese translation and legalized up to Angolan Embassy
- Specification of goods
- Full details of the applicant
- Certificate of incorporation or an extract from the Commercial register with a verified Portuguese translation duly legalized
Duration of registration is for ten (10) years from the date of Application. This may be renewed indefinitely for subsequent periods of ten years.
Documents Required for Assignment Applications
- Deed of Assignment in Portuguese, signed by both parties, duly notarized and legalized up to the Angolan Embassy
- Power of Attorney in Portuguese, signed by the assignee, notarized and legalized up to the Angolan Embassy
- Certificate of Incorporation or extract from the Commercial Register with verified Portuguese translation
Change of Name/Address Applications
- Power of Attorney
- Extract from the Commercial Register with verified Portuguese translation
- Power of attorney by the licensee duly notarized and legalized up to the Angolan Embassy
- A legalized and notarized license agreement executed by both parties
- Power of attorney duly notarized and legalized
- Specifications, claims and abstract in Portuguese
- Formal drawings
- International Patent Classification
- Priority document with verified Portuguese Translation
- Assignment of Invention
- A copy of the international publication (for PCT applications)
- A copy of the international search report
- A copy of the international preliminary report on patentability
Note that National Phase PCT applications in Angola are filed and dealt with as a regular Angola patent application.